[LLVMdev] various mips16 and micro mips issues

Richard Pennington rich at pennware.com
Fri Jan 20 14:29:01 PST 2012

On Friday, January 20, 2012 03:59:14 PM reed kotler wrote:
> We are starting to look at the mips16 and micro mips ports.
[snip]

I'm looking forward to seeing the mips16 and micro mips support.

As an aside, the Mips code generator as it exists looks pretty solid so far in
my testing. As I've been building the NetBSD library (and other stuff) using my
ELLCC copy of clang/LLVM only the Mips processor turned up zero bugs in my
regression test suite. The other processors all failed one or more tests. A
failure doesn't mean clang/LLVM failed necessarily. Some of the bugs may be in
the library itself (system call incompatabilites, for example) and a few are
in QEMU, which I use to run the test suite.

Nice stuff!

-Rich