[LLVMdev] Off Topic: Building ld

Benjamin Kramer benny.kra at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 14 08:47:23 PST 2012

On 14.01.2012, at 17:23, Joe Abbey wrote:

> I have a need to build ld from source to understand an assert(0).
>
> I got excited when I found that ld64 on the opensource portal contains an xcodeproj
>
> http://opensource.apple.com/source/ld64/ld64-127.2/
>
> But... it seems like I'm lacking mach-o/arm/reloc.h, and dyld_priv.h.
>
> I'm doing my best to stitch it all together, but if anyone has any pointers to make this less painful, it would be much obliged.

Most of the stuff on opensource.apple.com is very painful to build. In this case you have to pick up reloc.h from
the cctools archive and dyld_priv.h from dyld.

http://opensource.apple.com/source/cctools/cctools-806/include/mach-o/arm/reloc.h
http://opensource.apple.com/source/dyld/dyld-195.5/include/mach-o/dyld_priv.h

put them in the right directories and it should compile.

- Ben