[LLVMdev] how to turn off the tail optimization

Wei Zhang wzh at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 28 09:08:45 PST 2012

Hi Duncan,

At this point, I just want to turn off all inlining of calls that are
tail calls.

I am doing some analysis that pick function calls that only access local
variables.

Assume (1) A calls B, (2) A accesses only local variables, (3) B
accesses both
local variables and heap/global variables, (4) B is the tail call, thus B is
inlined in A.

Then my analysis will point out that A also accesses non-local
variables. So I
want to turn off this inlining.

Thanks!

Wei