[LLVMdev] Where is LLVM-3.0.dll

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Mon Feb 27 14:46:44 PST 2012

Anton wrote:
> > I'm trying to use LLVM on Windows for the first time. Keith Sheppard
> > has published some F# bindings:
> >
> >  https://github.com/keithshep/llvm-fs
> Keith specified the build instructions there, what were the problems of using
> them?

I followed both those instructions and (separately) the instructions from the LLVM "Getting Started with the LLVM System using Microsoft Visual Studio" page but neither seems to have produced the file I need.

Following those instructions, I get .a files and no .dll files so the llvm-fs bindings do not work because they expect to bind to an LLVM-3.0.dll file. For example:

        [<DllImport("LLVM-3.0.dll", EntryPoint="LLVMModuleCreateWithName")>]
        extern void* (* LLVMModuleRef *) moduleCreateWithNameNative(
            string ModuleID)
        let moduleCreateWithName _ModuleID =
            new ModuleRef (moduleCreateWithNameNative (_ModuleID))

When I try to run an example I get "Unable to load DLL 'LLVM-3.0.dll'. The specified module could not be found" exception.

I don't see where I'm supposed to get this LLVM-3.0.dll file or how I create it from the .a files that were built.

Cheers,
Jon.