[LLVMdev] Vectorization: Next Steps

Carl-Philip Hänsch cphaensch at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 14 08:10:19 PST 2012

I tested the "restricted" keyword and it works well :)

The generated code is a bunch of shufflevector instructions, but after a
second -O3 pass, everything looks fine.
This problem is described in my ML post "passes propose passes" and occurs
here again. LLVM has so much great passes, but they cannot start again when
the code was somewhat simplified :(
Maybe that's one more reason to tell the pass scheduler to redo some passes
to find all optimizations. The core really simplifies to what I expected.