[LLVMdev] Vectorization: Next Steps

Preston Briggs preston.briggs at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 09:25:08 PST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:17 AM, Tobias Grosser <tobias at grosser.es> wrote:
>The question her is,
> if the linear recurrence example and similar code can be easily optimized
> within the high level polyhedral abstraction without having to rewrite on
> the LLVM-IR layer. If you provide the expected output, I may give this a
> try.

I expect it's more of a research problem, versus simply coding.
I've looked some, and don't find anything about handling recurrences and
reductions inside a polyhedral framework.  But more eyes may see more...

The paper I refer to for solving these is here:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/x1346405k3834474/

Preston