[LLVMdev] Invalid bitcode signature

Fraser Cormack frasercrmck at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 01:29:37 PST 2012

Sorry, I was being an idiot and was trying to link the wrong file type. Sigh.

Now I have a problem where I merge two modules each containing the same
struct, one opaque and one defined, and it's not merging the two
consistently. I have two, let's say

%"StructA" = type opaque
%"StructB" = type opaque

in one module, and in the other:

%"StructA" = type { i8 }
%"StructB" = type  { [0 x i8] }

and when I link the two modules, only one is correctly defined:

%"StructA" = { i8 }
%"StructB" = type opaque
%"StructB.0" =  { [0 x i8] }

I know it's not technically 'on-topic' for this thread, but just in case you
had any ideas as to why this is happening.

Cheers/