[LLVMdev] Help : Writting a LLVM pass

Ningning Shi shining.llvm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 20:43:36 PST 2012

On 01/01/2013 12:02 PM, Akash Gulhane wrote:
> I'm working though http://llvm.org/docs/WritingAnLLVMPass.html, trying
> to write a very simple pass. I have followed all the steps mentioned
> in this document.But as mentioned I'm not getting any file named
> Hello.so in Debug+Asserts/lib folder(There is a file named
> LLVMHello.so only). I have also tried to modify Hello.cpp in
> lib/Transforms/Hello but these changes doesn't reflect anywhere. So
> how should i write my own pass and also tell me where to put that file??

Yes, the LLVMHello.so is the file you want.
You can follow the document to run the opt and load the LLVMHello.so,
then you can run the hello pass.
If you want an own pass, you can follow the doc:
http://llvm.org/docs/CMake.html#developing-llvm-pass-out-of-source

--
Ning-ning Shi(Shining)
Changchun,China