[LLVMdev] MemoryBuffer C Bindings - LLVMCreateMemoryBufferWithArray

Moritz Maxeiner moritzmaxeiner at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 14 02:06:48 PST 2012

I would like to use the LLVM-C bindings to provide LLVM access with an
OO-design in another language (D), e.g. map from the C API back up to
a D API that closely resembles the original C++ API.

Since I would like to have D (with its own exception system) to handle
the IO, I need a new C API function (unless there is one and I haven't
found it):

LLVMBool LLVMCreateMemoryBufferWithArray(const char* Array, char**
OutMessage)

As the name suggests, create a MemoryBuffer for use with
LLVMParseBitcode so that one can parse bitcode already present in memory
(e.g. use D's capibilities for
to be delegated down to LLVM).

I would write this myself, of course, but I'm wondering how the
procedure for getting code accepted to LLVM is.

Thank you for reading,
     Moritz Maxeiner