[LLVMdev] Loads/Stores and MachineMemOperand

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 12:02:45 PST 2012

The code itself makes sense, but I want to know if this breaks any
guarantee made about preserving a Value* in the MachineMemOperand.  It
sounds like we're having the same issue.  We were using the Value* stored
in the MachineMemOperand to get address space information during assembly
printing.  The alternative is carrying around a lot of extra (redundant)
information in the SDAG.

If it is legal to clear the Value* instead of replacing it with something
else, perhaps we can add the address space as another field to the
MachineMemOperand.  If the Value* gets cleared, at least that would still
be available, and I cannot imagine any transformation that would cause the
pointer address space to change.

--

Thanks,

Justin Holewinski