[LLVMdev] llvm-ar

Stephen Checkoway s at pahtak.org
Wed Dec 5 22:12:32 PST 2012

On Dec 5, 2012, at 8:15 PM, apala guha <aguha at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> I am trying to link archives built by llvm-ar with other bitcode files, using llvm-link. But llvm-link seems unable to read files produced by llvm-ar. Also, clang seems unable to read files produced by llvm-ar. Am I doing something wrong or is this the expected behavior? Is there any work-around?

You're not doing anything wrong. llvm-link doesn't handle archives. I sent a patch to the list to fix that but it was rejected on the basis that llvm-link should have limited functionality. The subject was "patch to llvm-link to link in archives" if you want to search the list archives for details.

--
Stephen Checkoway