[LLVMdev] DominanceFrontier

Marco Minutoli mminutoli at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:57:22 PDT 2012

George Baah <georgebaah at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I saw in the API that DominanceFrontier has been deprecated. Is this
> for real?
> I have read the computational issues but shouldn't that be left to the
> users of llvm?
> My concern is I am writing a Control Dependence module that uses
> Dominance-Frontier information.
> Getting rid of Dominance Frontiers will put me in a tight spot.
>
> George

Hi,

I had the same issue implementing a pass that build PDGs for an exam two
months ago.

As an alternative to the (post)-dominance frontier method I used the
algorithm described in [1], section 9.5 "Program Dependence Graph" where
you can find a method to build the CDG using only the post-dominator
tree.

Happy hacking,
Marco

[1] Advanced Compiler Design & Implementation by Steven S. Muchnick