[LLVMdev] Optimal settings for parsing and reparsing the translation unit in libclang

Klemen Forstneric brucewayne97 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 16:11:03 PDT 2012

Hey everyone!

I'm having trouble finding the optimal performance settings for
parsing/reparsing the translation unit. At this moment I'm using
CXTranslationUnit_None for both parsing and reparsing the translation unit,
because it seems that as soon as I turn on default settings for
parse/reparse (clang_defaultEditingTranslationUnitOptions
and clang_defaultReparseOptions respectively) code completion stops giving
me the right results. Sure I could keep using CXTranslationUnit_None but as
soon as I include additional headers to my source file, the whole thing
becomes too slow.

Is this a bug or is this how It's supposed to work? Please give me some
guidance.

Thanks in advance,
Klemen