[LLVMdev] Custom backend

Juan Eusse eusse at ice.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 16 07:18:20 PDT 2012

Hello,

Currently I am developing a custom LLVM backend for HLS synthesis and
design space exploration. The backend is supposed to change dynamically
depending on the designer input, and re-linking llc every time there is
a design change will drastically affect DSE time.

I have been stuck for some days while trying to load the generated
shared library into llc without having to add the custom target into
LLVM configure files. I know this was possible in previous releases, and
was wondering if it is still possible in release 3.1 and I am doing
something wrong.

Best Regards,

--
Juan Fernando Eusse
Research Assistant

Institute for Communication Technologies and Embedded Systems (ICE)
Chair: Software for Systems on Silicon (SSS)
RWTH Aachen University