[LLVMdev] Adobe LCVM Opportunity

Briana Brostrom bbrostro at adobe.com
Wed Aug 15 15:48:33 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am part of the Talent Acquisition team at Adobe and I am working on a critical role right now for our LCVM Group within Adobe's Flash organization. LLVM experience is required, and I have noticed quickly how hard it is to find. I thought I would e mail this group to see if you know of anyone who might be interested in having an opportunistic conversation, or wouldn't mind sharing any helpful tips on where or how to find this person!

Here is the job description:

Position Summary

Adobe is investing in the next generation of the Flash platform!  The Languages, Compilers, and Virtual Machines (LCVM) Group within the Flash organization is seeking a talented, passionate, senior engineer to help optimize Flash apps running in constrained environments, where the Flash runtime platform needs to be bundled with each application, e.g. iOS.  The initial focus for this position will be to optimize the Ahead-of-Time (AOT) static compilation codegen for the combined Flash runtime platform and application.  This position on the Virtual Machine (VM) team will work closely with other engineers, partners, and customers to super tune the Flash VM, with an initial emphasis on opportunities in the vibrant gaming sector, working directly with some of the biggest names in the industry.  If you're interested in helping deliver the next generation of web connected experiences and gaming across browsers, desktops, mobile devices, set-top boxes, and TVs, we'd love to hear from you!

Responsibilities

 *   Senior software developer focused initially on AOT and codegen optimization.
 *   Design and develop new features for Flash VM and AOT environments.
 *   Resolve bugs as needed for successful releases.
 *   Partner with Quality Engineering and Performance to deliver rock solid solutions.
 *   Work closely with other engineers to help define the next generation Flash platform.
 *   Engage with top engineers from other companies.
Requirements

 *   BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
 *   5+ years of experience developing static or JIT compilers or related areas.
 *   Strong experience in Windows, Mac, and Linux environments.
 *   Strong problem solving and resolution skills.
 *   Strong verbal and written communication skills.
 *   Android, iOS, and Windows Mobile experience is a plus.
Programming experience:

 *   Required: LLVM, C++, Java, some assembler
 *   Preferred: ActionScript, and/or Javascript, Objective-C, Win8/Metro
Thank you very much,
Briana

Briana Brostrom |  Talent Scout  |  Adobe Systems  |  bbrostro at adobe.com<mailto:bbrostro at adobe.com>