[LLVMdev] The use-define chain in LLVM

Jianfei Hu hujianfei258 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 21:57:07 PDT 2012

Thanks for your response!

But I want to determine wheter the specific variable's value has been
changed between
two usages of variable, and wheter the parameter's value is changed in
a function. Like the
reaching definition analysis, and ud chains.

2012/8/9 êífÈÎ (Wei-Ren Chen) <chenwj at iis.sinica.edu.tw>:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2012 at 11:16:15AM +0800, Jianfei Hu wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>>         Is the use-define chain related API avaliable in LLVM? I want
>> to get the information
>> about the variables' value changes at different points in the program.
>
>   Is this [1] fit your need?
>
> HTH,
> chenwj
>
> [1] http://llvm.org/docs/ProgrammersManual.html#iterate_chains

This just supplys the variables used by the one instruction.
Is there any other class/API that can meet my demands?
Or I have to implement it by myself from the llvm IR code?