[LLVMdev] PgmDependenceGraph

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Wed Aug 8 07:50:18 PDT 2012

On 8/8/12 2:40 AM, David Huang wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to build dependence graph for a function for forward slicing.

I assume that this is something like reaching definitions analysis,
correct?  Just out of curiosity, do you need an intra-procedural
analysis or an inter-procedural analysis?

> I found the PgmDependenceGraph.cpp in a very old release of
> poolalloc. But it seems to be gone for long.
> I'm wondering is there a similar class out there in the current release?

We haven't built a new version that uses DSA.  I think building an
intra-procedural analysis with DSA would be pretty easy.  If you need an
inter-procedural analysis, that would be more difficult to build, but
you could probably build a simple one using the DSNodeEquivs pass (this
pass equivalences classes DSNodes from different functions if they may
refer to the same memory object).

We also have an internal analysis pass that may do something similar to
what you need.  I'll check with our students to see if my hunch is
correct and, if so, whether we can give you a copy.

-- John T.