[LLVMdev] VLIW code generation for LLVM backend

Triple Yang triple.yang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 21:06:05 PDT 2012

Larin,

Thank you for telling me about this.

Our lab is planning to design a VLIW DSP and has to make a choice
between GCC and LLVM, for which I take responsibility.
As we all know that GCC's codes possess a long history and has a
somewhat bad learning curve, I suggest choosing LLVM.

It seems now the only drawback is its poor support for VLIW
architecture. And so if we can count on LLVM's support for VLIW in a
near future, we will choose LLVM as the compiler infrastructure
without the least hesitation.

Can I do any help for this underway work?

Regards.

--
杨勇勇 (Yang Yongyong)