[LLVMdev] Running LLVM JIT on qemu-system-arm

Toan X. Mai iammxt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 23:36:35 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm struggling to get lli work on qemu-system-arm. I already boot the system
with a debian squeeze rootfs which contains a statically cross-compiled lli
for armel. When I run ./lli hello.bc, I got the following error msg:

./lli: error creating EE: /lib/: cannot read file data: Is a directory

afaik, this error is related to lli using dlopen() with a NULL path to
resolve symbols for the main program (lli program) itself. This happens when
lli initially tries to create an ExecutionEngine ("EE = builder.create();"
in lli.cpp), which leads to "if
(sys::DynamicLibrary::LoadLibraryPermanently(0, ErrorStr)" in
ExecutionEngine.cpp.

Could anyone tell me how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Toan Mai.