[LLVMdev] LLVM Backend for Z80. ADD -> replaced -> OR

Peter Hanzel hanzelpeter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:58:36 PDT 2012

Hello.

I have played with DataLayout and found a solution with is uknown to me.

I added S16 and also s0:16:16, but it had not worked.
Then I found that in Z80FrameLowering.h I am calling TargetFrameLowering
with stack aligment set to 8. So I changed it to 2 bytes. But this also
didn't  help.

Then I changed llc to show TargetDataLayout and found that a option is set
to a0:0:64.
So I changed my Z80DataLayout to a0:0:16. And voila, it started to work and
ADD was not longer replaced by OR. Only for add+1 to or, which is correct.

So now I don't understand that a option in datalyout.
According doc it is alignment for aggregate type.

But anyhow thanks for help and pointing me in right direction.

Peter.