[LLVMdev] building projects/lld or projects/*

Jay Foad jay.foad at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:46:48 PDT 2012

> - a "configure"-based build only seems to know about projects/sample/
> and projects/test-suite/, and I couldn't find any way to get it to
> build projects/lld/.

I investigated a bit more. llvm's autoconf/configure.ac says:

dnl Configure all of the projects present in our source tree. While we could
dnl just AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS on the set of directories in projects that have a
dnl configure script, that usage of the AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS macro is deprecated.
dnl Instead we match on the known projects.

... and the list of known projects does not include lld. And lld
doesn't have a configure script, so I guess there's no chance of
building it in a configure-based build (is there?).

Thanks,
Jay.