[LLVMdev] Measuring effects of a pass on llvm test-suite

Rafael Martins de Souza redmajor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:43:14 PDT 2012

I've developed a pass and would like to see it's effects on the running
time of the programs on the llvm test-suite. I think that the test-suite
has mechanisms for measuring the running time of it's programs. Is that
correct? Looking at the doc and other sources, it seemed that I just
needed to modify the nightly test somehow. I tried to modify it to
include my pass but I didn't find where to put that information. How
does the nightly test decides which tests to run?

Basically, how to obtain running time measurements of the programs on
the test-suite with and without applying a specific pass?