[LLVMdev] CBackend removal

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:28:55 PDT 2012

Dear Jim and Owen,

Thanks for replies,

I only kindly suggest some discussion on the maillist in such cases.
Just in general, nasty precedents sometimes happen, for example on IRC
I've recently seen some commits to Objective C were requested to be
reverted, because they were commited without any discussion. Here
things are certainly not that hard, but the point is the same: it is
always nice to put a FYI, because it might help a lot of non-core
people to properly align their work and prevent late complains.

To be constructive, I would like to contribute patches to make C
backend usable. Last time I tried is here:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2011-August/042243.html But
my tests are meaningless and specific. It would be perfect to find
other devs who can contribute test suites. So, I'll give patches, you
- tests. Let's team up! Cristianno, are you interested?

- D.