[LLVMdev] CBackend removal

Dmitry N. Mikushin maemarcus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 09:29:12 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I've also noticed C backend was removed a little bit... silently. In
the end of March I only got open bugs closed by Benjamin Kramer in
bugzilla, but they sounded like "decision is made". So the question
is: it such silent removal a normal practice? In times of 3.0 release
there were long discussions on what to drop and what to preserve, e.g.
sparc backend, if I remember correctly.

In our project we are very interested in maintaining usable C backend,
at least until there will be at least one full and production quality
PTX backend.

Best regards,
- Dima