[LLVMdev] CBackend removal

Cristianno Martins cristiannomartins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 06:57:19 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm using the LLVM in a project, and I'm specially interested in using its optimizer. After apply the optimizations, I needed to create a C/C++ source code equivalent to the original one.

I'm periodically updating my local version of the LLVM, and, when I did it today, I couldn't use the llc with -march=c. Looking for the CBackend files, I realized that they were removed from the LLVM folder. I actually don't remember reading about a drop of this capability in any of the devlist messages, so I was wondering if this removal could be only temporary, or there will be no more support for this feature in LLVM.

Thanks,

--
Cristianno Martins
PhD Student of Computer Science