[LLVMdev] Determing C Types

Bill Wendling wendling at apple.com
Mon Apr 16 15:14:27 PDT 2012

If what you're trying to do is use LLVM as a target-independent bitcode representation, you should be aware that it's not made for that purpose. In fact, it's specifically *not* target-independent, no matter what the types are.

For you initial question, you cannot map back from LLVM IR to C types, because the two have little to do with each other.

-bw