[LLVMdev] Are ds-aa and steens-aa still in Poolalloc?

John Criswell criswell at illinois.edu
Fri Apr 13 11:39:54 PDT 2012

On 4/13/12 1:02 PM, Douglas do Couto Teixeira wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking at the LLVM's alias analysis documentation
> (http://llvm.org/docs/AliasAnalysis.html#exist) and it seems that
> poolalloc has ds-aa and steens-aa. However, I followed the
> instructions to use these passes, but I wasn't able to use them. Also,
> I found this: http://old.nabble.com/DSA-or-rDSA---td32576486.html
> saying that they were removed from poolalloc. Is that true? If so,
> should I submit a patch to update the webpage?

Yes, ds-aa and -steens-aa were removed from poolalloc because we thought
no one was using them, because we at Illinois weren't using them, and
because nobody was maintaining them.  I believe one of our students also
said they had become buggy.

A patch to update the web page would be nice; a patch to bring -ds-aa
back to life would be even better.
:)

-- John T.