[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Potential Google Summer of Code Applicant

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Tue Apr 3 21:26:04 PDT 2012

Hi David et al.,

We could certainly use help in writing reducer passes for C++.  My student
Yang Chen has just (in the past 2 weeks or so) launched into doing these,
but there's definitely enough work for more people.

I would certainly be willing to help supervise reducer work if it got
approved as a GSoC project.

If, in some ideal world, it became possible to free up Yang to work on
other things, I would ask if he wanted to work on a random C++ program
generator (C++smith or whatever).  My sense is this would be pretty useful
for the LLVM and GCC commnities.

John