[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Unicode path handling on Windows

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu Sep 29 10:09:00 PDT 2011

Am 29.09.2011 07:11, schrieb Nikola Smiljanic:
> I have a problem with Lowercase and Uppercase functions. These are broken on
> all platforms, not only Window,

Ouch. I wouldn't have thought that.

Adding another library to the list of dependencies might be overkill to
get that kind of problem solved, but when the JDK didn't offer me the
kind of Unicode processing that I wanted, I found ICU to fill my needs.

It is on http://site.icu-project.org/ and knows more about Unicode than
you ever wanted to know.
Including stuff like: "The rules for converting between upper and lower
case depend on the locale, so which one do you want?"

On the other hand, if it's just filenames, you probably want to be
bug-for-bug compatible with what the file system does. In other words,
use just file system functions to find out what name the file ended up
being, or whether there's a name collision.

Regards,
Jo