[LLVMdev] Greedy Register Allocation in LLVM 3.0

Leo Romanoff romixlev at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 11:24:40 PDT 2011

Hi Jakob,

Yes. I have references. For example, from the top of my head I would name the following papers:
1)  A Generalized Algorithm for Graph-Coloring Register Allocation by Michael D. Smith, Norman Ramsey and Glenn Holloway
     http://www.cs.tufts.edu/~nr/pubs/gcra-abstract.html

2) Register allocation by puzzle solving by Fernando Magno Quintão Pereira, Jens Palsberg
     http://llvm.org/pubs/2008-06-PLDI-PuzzleSolving.pdf

I think I've seen a few more papers on this topic, but cannot remember them at the moment. If I find more papers in my collection I'll let you know.

/Roman