[LLVMdev] How can I using the right triple?

Reed Kotler rkotler at mips.com
Tue Sep 27 08:21:27 PDT 2011

Yes, Simon is looking into modifying the clang and llvm driver so that
we can use it for end to end compilation.

We  have our own driver that I wrote in python. That is what we use now.
It's very easy to add new hosts/ports to it whereas it seems to be an
overly complex process to understand and make changes to the clang
driver. In the end, many things are hard coded into the clang front end
that should be configurable without making source changes and this was
very disturbing to me. I didn't have the bandwidth to sort all of that
out and we urgently needed a gcc compatible driver that could work with
normal open source make files.

Reed