[LLVMdev] POSIX thread library support

Hanfeng Qin hanfengtsin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 01:56:42 PDT 2011

Hi chenwj,
According to the link, I found that during the compiling process, the option "-emit-llvm" must be added to generate immediate object *.o.
[hanfeng at os-wstation02 fft]llvm-gcc -c fft.c -emit-llvm
Then using llvm-ld will generate two files - a shell excutable and a llvm bytecode data both of which would run perfect.
[hanfeng at os-wstation02 fft]llvm-ld -o FFT fft.o
[hanfeng at os-wstation02 fft]$ ls
FFT  FFT.bc  fft.c  fft.C  fft.o  Makefile  README.fft
[hanfeng at os-wstation02 fft]$ lli FFT.bc
<omit some outputs here, it worked well>
I guess llvm-ld may not support to generate native executable. However, I am not sure that.

Best regards,
Hanfeng