[LLVMdev] DIBuilder - what's with the null compile units?

Talin viridia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 12:39:58 PDT 2011

Sometime about two months ago, something changed in LLVM that broke my
frontend's ability to generate debug info. This was around the time that the
requirement to call DIBuilder::finalize() was added (and yes, I am calling
it.) Specifically, what I am seeing is an assertion failure in llc because
it can't find the compile unit for a subroutine.

I took a look at the code in DIBuilder.cpp, and I see that indeed it is
setting the compile unit to null for all of the various descriptors being
created. I assume that the intent is that these references would be filled
in later - but apparently this is not happening in my case. Any idea what
could be wrong?

--
-- Talin