[LLVMdev] PIC16 removal details

Matthew Hilt mhilt1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 16:51:41 PDT 2011

The target in this case is 8-bit, accumulator based, however it is Von
Neumann; so - good to know it's not *quite* the "Trifecta of Doom".  LLVM
offers some very attractive features for our usage, and it would be
disappointing to abandon it as an option all together.  Faced with the
alternative being to write the compiler from scratch, is the consensus that
doing so will be a better path forward for us than a new LLVM backend?

Matt