[LLVMdev] ../llvm/configure fails in Cygwin with space character in path name?

Castaa jcortel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 13:29:17 PDT 2011

config.status: executing projects/Makefile commands
config.status: executing bindings/Makefile commands
config.status: executing bindings/ocaml/Makefile.ocaml commands
=== configuring in projects/sample (/home/Jon Smith/cl/build/projects/sample
)
configure: running /bin/sh ../../../llvm/projects/sample/configure
--prefix=/usr/local  --cache-file=/dev/null
--srcdir=../../../llvm/projects/sample
configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in /home/Jon
Smith/cl/llvm/autoconf "../../../llvm/projects/sample"//home/Jon
Smith/cl/llvm/autoc
onf
configure: error: ../../../llvm/projects/sample/configure failed for
projects/sample

Above is the snippet of the reported failure when executing
../llvm/configure found in using the basic setup steps described in
http://clang.llvm.org/get_started.html

I'm running the most up to date version of Cygwin. I can confirm that
install-sh does exist in the "/home/Jon Smith/cl/llvm/autoconf" folder.  I
think there's an issue with the configure script and space character in my
Cygwin home directory ("Jon Smith").  I moved the folder to path that
doesn't contain a space the error went away.  I'm sure if this is a bug or
not.