[LLVMdev] copy Value object?

ret val retval386 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:48:27 PDT 2011

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your reply. I think part of my problem is
I can only think of this in terms of Passes.

For instance, my pass looks for assignments and tries to use the same
pointer operand, before the assignment it finds. Like this:
        new ICmpInst(*block, CmpInst::ICMP_NE, shadow,
store->getPointerOperand(), "Shadow check");

So I'm not sure how alloca could help me, seems like it wouldn't be a
valid Value * for me to pass in at that point. Am I missing something?

Thank you