[LLVMdev] Query about ARM support in LLVM MC Project
Graham.Barber at analog.com
Fri Sep 16 01:55:06 PDT 2011
I have been reading the BLOG about the LLVM MC Project and have a number of queries about ARM support.
1) When is it anticipated that the ARM assembler will reach production quality?
2) Is the complete ARMv7 ISA supported?
3) Is the syntax used by the ARM assembler/disassembler that used by GAS or are there incompatibilities?
4) What is the current state of the ARM instruction parser and instruction encoder? Are they complete and production
quality ? If not when would you expect this to occur?
5) The BLOG states that the instruction parser may use a more abstract internal representation than the MCInst used by the
instruction encoder requiring an IR lowering phase in the assembler backend. Is this the case for ARM?
Analog Devices Inc.
More information about the llvm-dev