[LLVMdev] LLVMHello pass compile error under Cygwin

Graham Keir graham.keir at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 04:12:45 PDT 2011

I've built LLVM/Clang from svn under Cygwin on Windows 7. I'd like to
build on the LLVMHello pass example, however, when I try:

$ cd $LLVM/lib/Transforms/Hello
$ make

I receive a large number of errors which start with:

llvm[0]: Linking Debug+Asserts Loadable Module LLVMHello.dll
/cygdrive/c/Users/Graham/home/projects/llvm_cygwin/lib/Transforms/Hello/Debug+Asserts/Hello.o:
In function `runOnFunction':
/cygdrive/c/Users/Graham/home/projects/llvm_cygwin/lib/Transforms/Hello/Hello.cpp:32:
undefined reference to `llvm::errs()'

I've built and ran the same example under Linux with no problems. Does
anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

--
Graham