[LLVMdev] git patches to svn
geek4civic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 03:16:53 PDT 2011
2011/9/13 reed kotler <rkotler at mips.com>:
> What tools/workflows are people using to merge the changes back to svn
> for a patch?
I don't understand your point, though.
In general, git-svn-based repos would be harder to live with merging.
* To track upstream (llvm.org/git/*.git/master), you may better do
"git rebase origin/master" on your working branch.
* To generate patch, don't forget to rebase onto upstream master.
- You may do "git cherry-pick" on your proposal-candidate-branch.
- You may use "git diff" "git show" git format-patch". Most of us
don't blame git-style diff (AFAIK!)
* To post your patches to *-commits, please read;
* When your patch would be applied to upstream, you should do "git
rebase origin/master" on your working branches.
More information about the llvm-dev