[LLVMdev] llvm-gfortran problems

Ashay Rane ashay.rane at tacc.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 12 12:49:37 PDT 2011

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply. Using dragonegg worked well, thanks all!

Just as a note... I had to use llvm-ld during the link step because gfortran
could not link bitcode. Here's an example of the error shown when using
gfortran instead of llvm-ld:

$ ${GCC_4_5_0}/bin/gfortran hw.f -c -fplugin=${DRAGONEGG_PLUGIN}/dragonegg.so
-o hw.o -flto -emit-llvm -S
$ ${LLVM_2_9}/bin/opt -mem2reg hw.o -o hw.o
$ ${GCC_4_5_0}/bin/gfortran
-fplugin=${DRAGONEGG_PLUGIN}/dragonegg.so ${GCC_4_5_0}/lib64/libgfortran.a
hw.o -o hw
hw.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

$ file hw.o
hw.o: data

Instead, using llvm-ld:
$ ${LLVM_2_9}/bin/llvm-ld -native hw.o -o hw
${GCC_4_5_0}/lib64/libgfortran.a -lm

llvm-gcc had the gold plugin. I wonder if there is any equivalent of that
for dragonegg to be able to compile bitcode and native object code in a
transparent manner.

Thanks again!
Ashay

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Anton Korobeynikov <anton at korobeynikov.info