[LLVMdev] LLVMdev Digest, Vol 87, Issue 17

Peter Lawrence peterl95124 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 10 16:34:58 PDT 2011

On Sep 10, 2011, at 10:00 AM, John Criswell wrote:

> On 9/9/11 1:08 PM, Jack Howarth wrote:
>>     Are there any plans to add CMake support to the build of
>> SAFECode?
>
> No, there are no current plans to do so.  Is not having CMake
> support a
> show-stopper for you?  I imagine adding support for it would be
> straightforward.

John,
           I now try to use only CMake.  The last time I tried using
"configure" (for gnu-binutils) I had such a hard time reading
diagnostics
and error messages that I ended up adding some new debugging output to
"g-make" just to figure out what was going wrong. ARGH. I started
running
into problems using configure with llvm and clang and switched to CMake
and didn't have any problems.  Please do a CMake for SAFECode (and if
possible keep and publish a log of what you had to do, Oscar has done a
good start at writing something up about CMake for llvm, but additional
info will be welcome, and very much appreciated).

sincerely,
Peter Lawrence.