[LLVMdev] git Status Update?

Wesley Peck peckw at wesleypeck.com
Fri Sep 9 07:39:37 PDT 2011

On Sep 8, 2011, at 7:47 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:
> I don't see the conversion to Git actually happening until someone can clearly demonstrate a win for the open source project.

I would think that using git would allow LLVM to setup a system whereby commits are pushed to a special buildbot repository instead of the main repository. If a commit fails to pass the test suite then it would be rejected and never committed to the main repository, preventing it from causing issues with other developers. If a commit passes then the buildbots could automagically push the changes into the main repository.

I'm not exactly sure how this would work, but I think it would be possible.

--
Wesley Peck
University of Kansas