[LLVMdev] PTX optimizations

Justin Holewinski justin.holewinski at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 04:51:33 PDT 2011

On Sep 3, 2011 1:12 AM, "Adarsh HV" <adarsh.hv99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am trying to add some optimizations to LLVM's PTX backend. But i am
unaware of the existing optimizations. Can you please guide me about the
same?

So far, we have been focusing on code correctness and coverage, not PTX
specific optimization.  Unfortunately, I have not had the time I had hoped
to work on this over the summer.  We do collapse multiply-add pairs into
FMA, but that's about the extent of our optimizations.  I want to start
looking into converting branches into predicated code and load/store
scheduling, but I want to finish up the function call implementation first.

What kinds of optimizations are you wanting to implement?  We should
coordinate on this so as not to duplicate work.