[LLVMdev] Is it possible to inline Functions without using LLVM JIT Framework?

geovanisouza92 at gmail.com geovanisouza92 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 09:59:16 PDT 2011

Hi Mian!

You have tried do it in semantical phase?

I'm in prototype of my programming language, and in it, will be possible
write something like:

    method Sum(a, b: Integer): Integer; inline;
    begin
      Result := a + b;
    end;

And some like:

    method UsesSum;
    begin
      // do something
      var sum := Sum(1, 2); // Or 'var sum := Sum 1, 2', like Ruby ;)
      // do more things
    end;

In this case, in the analysis, the Sum method, will be placed in the caller
(or callers).

I hope this help you. :)

@geovanisouza92 - Geovani de Souza