[LLVMdev] Is it possible to inline Functions without using LLVM JIT Framework?

Mian M. Hamayun mian-muhammad.hamayun at imag.fr
Thu Sep 1 09:27:11 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully this question is not too absurd.

Actually I created an example in LLVM, where I generate two modules, one
containing the function definition and the other module calling this
function.
(Question related to this was posted on this mailing list recently)

Now I want to know, whether it is possible to "inline" the definition of
this function in the caller module, using some optimization pass etc?

I have previously experimented with LLVM's JIT Framework, and we can do
something similar over there. But now I am interested in doing this
without JIT Framework.

Any ideas/suggestions/comments on how could we accomplish this?

Thanks in advance,
Mian M. Hamayun
Grenoble, France.