[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] RFC: Upcoming Build System Changes

Christian Parpart trapni at gentoo.org
Fri Oct 28 06:40:39 PDT 2011

I wouldn't say that. I know quite a few systems here around that even try to
avoid python where possible. but cmake however, as a build system, is
welcomed by all of us (working as a sysop in a unix environment).

I'd also (as a non-llvm-dev but llvm-userdev) vote for NOT reinventing the
wheel but to use the tool the fits you the best, personally that's even
cmake, too. it has a well list of great backing companies / projects and is
still improving well, e.g. Qt planned (I do not know how up-to-date this
info is) improve it in a way to make it more suitable for IDEs, however,
from the sysop point of view, it's much more a pleasure to work with cmake
than with autotools, and when you introduce (yet) another new build system,
it would be just a headache :)

Best regards,
Christian Parpart.