[LLVMdev] Itineraries in the powerpc backend

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Fri Oct 28 02:19:58 PDT 2011

Carter,

In my opinion (and I was the one who committed the changes in question),
it depends on the hardware. The pipeline descriptions are for the PPC
440, which is an embedded PPC chip use in a variety of places. As such,
it is a fairly specific target, and using pipeline-hazard-based
scheduling for specific embedded targets is not uncommon. The backends
for ARM and MBlaze have similar pipeline information for use by their
schedulers.

 -Hal