[LLVMdev] LLVM build is failed giving Path.inc:714: error: ‘unlink’ was not declared in this scope

janarbek canarbekmatay at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 10:27:52 PDT 2011

Does someone have a solution for this problem ?
I am using gcc version 4.4.5 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5)  and I have tried several versions of LLVM including llvm 2.9 final. I am getting same error again and again.

I have successfully build the llvm on another machine with gcc version of 4.3.

Thanks in advance.

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/janarbek/Work/llvm/RELEASE_29/final/trunk/lib/Support'
llvm[1]: Compiling Path.cpp for Debug+Asserts build
In file included from Path.cpp:299:
Unix/Path.inc: In member function ‘bool llvm::sys::Path::eraseFromDisk(bool, std::string*) const’:
Unix/Path.inc:716: error: ‘unlink’ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [/home/janarbek/Work/llvm/RELEASE_29/final/trunk/lib/Support/Debug+Asserts/Path.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/janarbek/Work/llvm/RELEASE_29/final/trunk/lib/Support'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Phone : 82-42-860-1838
Fax : 82-42-860-6790  Cell Phone: 82-10-7599-1981  ===========================================

The patch does inseret unistd.h as below. However, I am still getting exactly same error when I do make.if you have any suggestions please let me know.

#if HAVE_UNISTD_H
#include <unistd.h>
#endif