[LLVMdev] [3.0 Release] Call for External Open Source Projects Using LLVM 3.0

Don Quixote de la Mancha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Wed Oct 26 03:42:00 PDT 2011

I'm planning to both build on and to target the Haiku operating system
with CLang and LLVM, but I am a long way from actually doing so yet.

    http://www.haiku-os.org/

Haiku is an Open Source clone of BeOS 5 Pro.  The default build
provides two ABIs, one built with GCC 2.95.3 for binary compatibility
with BeOS 5 applications, and the other with GCC 4 for Haiku-only
apps.

I am not yet accepted as a Haiku developer though so it probably would
not yet be completely cool to list it as a project that uses LLVM.
This is just a personal experiment; from looking at their existing C++
source code, I expect that the static analyzer will find lots of code
that could be improved.

My hope is that if I do get CLang and LLVM to work under Haiku, I can
get the other Haiku developers to at least use the analyzer in their
day-to-day work.  It has done wonders for my iOS development.

I was a huge fan of BeOS back in the day.  It is still quite amazing
technically and with respect to usability, but I am afraid Jean-Louis
Gassee could not market his way out of a wet paper bag.
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
Dulcinea Technologies Corporation
quixote at dulcineatech.com