[LLVMdev] Extending Intrinsic Functions

Bin Zeng ezengbin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 10:10:10 PDT 2011

Hi all,

A question about Intrinsic functions and their properties. I am trying
some extensions with Intrinsic functions. The intrinsic function takes a
pointer as argument and transforms the pointer into another one and
returns it. It does not read or write memory. The Intrinsic has
properties: IntrNoMem. Is there any other property I can specify for the
intrinsic function such as idempotent? Looking into the code, these are
the properties: IntrNoMem, IntrReadArgMem, IntrReadMem,
IntrReadWriteArgMem, Commutative and NoCapture. Only IntrNoMem applies
to the intrinsic function. Also, what optimizations might be affected by
an intrinsic function that only transforms a pointer? Is there a way to
pass more information so that LLVM can do even more optimizations?

Thanks a lot in advance.
-Bin